Thursday 24 October 2013

Why I start this blog?

A couple of years ago, my daughter who was around 4 years old noticed that there was a funeral wake at one of the HDB void deck and asked me out of curiosity, "Daddy, what are they doing?"

"Oh, somebody passed away" I replied and hoping that she would accept this answer and moved on. However, my answer did not satisfied her and she continued "Daddy, where do people go after they pass away?" I remember muttering something like a very far away place and quickly changed the subject.

Since I was a child, I had been visiting temples with my parents and do know a thing or two (so I thought) about Buddhism. It was after this question and answer session with my daughter how much I don't know and thus, began my exploration on +Buddhism.

In this simple blog, I would like to share what I had learn about Buddhism, Dharma and Karma, with the hope that I can share what I had read in both English and Chinese and share these insights with "digital" friends all over the English speaking world.

Why do I call it "Driving Dharma from a Daddy"? Dharma is the teaching of Buddha, Driving is what I do frequently on the road and Daddy is the role I play and home. It is also with the aspiration and hope that I can share and spread the teaching and education of Buddha, thus- Driving Dharma.

No comments:

Post a Comment